MapObjects-Java Edition 2 Is Now Available 10.07.2003
"ESRI is pleased to offer a J2EE solution, particularly for Web- and server-based deployments," says Victoria Kouyoumjian, ESRI's MapObjects product manager. "Based on open standards, MapObjects- Java promotes Java-based mapping and GIS solutions at any level of our customers' multitiered enterprise application architecture."
Highlights of the MapObjects-Java Edition 2 release include:
- Serverside components to build or enhance applications on the Web (JavaServer Pages [JSP]/servlet) and server (J2EE) tiers
- Additional GIS capabilities including projection support
- Support for new commercial and government raster and vector data formats
- Mac OS X support
- New user interface components for building high-quality cartographic layouts
- Ability to combine multiple distributed data sources for spatial queries and map displays
"MapObjects-Java Edition allows us to deliver faster, cheaper, and better integrated GIS data management solutions," said Maggie Montaigne, systems vice president data and application management, Landmark Graphics. "Standard GIS components are available out of the box and can be easily extended with our own custom functionality.
Combined with the platform independence of Java, this allows us to deliver a powerful, integrated data management and GIS solution over the Web."
MapObjects-Java Edition customers who are current on their maintenance will receive version 2 at no charge, and interested parties are invited to download or request a free 90-day evaluation from ESRI's Web site. For more information on MapObjects-Java Edition, visit http://www.esri.com/mapobjectsjava or call 1-800-447-9778. Outside the United States, please contact your local ESRI distributor; see www.esri.com/international for a current distributor list.
Source: ESRI, Oct. 1, 2003