- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
upFront.eZine Publishing, Ltd. announces the first book to be released for the new AutoCAD 2004 software from Autodesk. 'Tailoring AutoCAD 2004' is the updated and expanded e-book for new and experienced AutoCAD users. The 204-page e-book contains step-by-step tutorials for learning how to customize the popular CAD (computer-aided design) software.
'Tailoring AutoCAD 2004' is published exclusively in Adobe Acrobat format. The new e-book adds these features:
- Creating and applying CAD standards drawings.
- Importing and exporting layers.
- Customizing the ToolPalettes.
- Using the interactive acad.pgp editor.
- Customization with specific Express Tools.
- Creating linetypes from objects in drawings.
- Using the the CleanScreenOn and FullScreen commands to maximize drawing areas.
- Listing shortcut keystrokes new to 2004.
- Creating hatch patterns from images, blocks, xrefs, and wipeouts.
- Documenting the XML-like .xtp file format.
As before, the e-book covers these tutorial subjects:
- Changing the AutoCAD user interface.
- Creating aliases and keyboard shortcuts.
- Modifying the toolbar and writing macros.
- Customizing menus and writing menu macros.
- Creating custom linetypes and hatch patterns.
- Working with .shp files for shapes/fonts.
- Writing scripts and AutoLISP programs.
You can learn more about 'Tailoring AutoCAD 2004,' read the full table of contents, and view select pages at http://www.upfrontezine.com/tailor2004.
Availability and Price
The 'Tailoring AutoCAD 2004' e-book is available now as an Adobe Acrobat file for delivery via email, ftp, or Web browser. The e-book is also available on CD. The e-book features:
- Illustrations in full color.
- Formatted for printing on standard 8.5x11 paper.
- Margin designed for three-hole punching.
- Immediate availability.
Price is $24.95 with electronic delivery; $29.95 on CD, shipping included. (All prices in US funds.) Payment can be made instantly through PayPal, the international Internet payment system, in many currencies. If customers prefer, payment can be made by check or P.O.