- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
GeoConcept SA, European leader in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), announces today the worldwide availability of GeoConcept Edilis 6.5, an intelligent space and infrastructure management solution designed for local authorities, engineers, and surveyors.
GeoConcept Edilis has proved highly successful since it was first made available in 1995. This user-friendly solution provides simple and detailed display of transport and power networks, local infrastructure, and undeveloped land. This enables better day-to-day management, maintenance, prospection, as well as management of works and network extensions. GeoConcept Edilis 6.5 was developed by GeoConcept SA's Swiss subsidiary, GeoConcept International Software SA (Switzerland). GeoConcept SA is selling the solution worldwide.
Previous versions of GeoConcept Edilis already provided solutions to a wide range of urban land management issues, such as:
- Land registry for plots of land and ground coverage
- Land use planning and development for agricultural areas, archaeological sites and protected areas
- Urban furniture for playgrounds, public benches and bus shelters
- Managing underground networks for waste water, drinking water and domestic gas piping
- Plant and tree care management in urban areas, management of green spaces, parks and gardens
- Road maintenance, organizing snow clearance, traffic surveys, monitoring noise pollution linked to transport (cars, trains, aeroplanes)
GeoConcept Edilis 6.5 brings three new functions to add to the already comprehensive solution:
- A module for managing electricity and telecommunications: this module means different electricity and telecommunications networks, including street lighting locations, can be viewed by the position of tubes, cross-sections, and particular network characteristics.
- GeoConcept Edilis 6.5 further enhances wastewater management and simplifies the task of dealing with blocked water filtering stations. GeoConcept Edilis 6.5 gives the user a clear display of water networks, and helps the user plan work and extensions for the most effective results. These new functionalities conform specifically with the Swiss federal directive for water drainage (the Plan GÂ¿ral d'Evacuation des Eaux, or PGEE), and will be equally useful in responding to the needs of water management in other countries.
- GeoConcept Edilis' Route module has been enhanced to offer roads signs and marking management. This can be used in the maintenance of traffic signs and road markings, as well as to plan the positioning of new ones.
"GeoConcept Edilis 6.5 is a joint effort between GeoConcept International Software SA (Switzerland) and our customers," said Isabelle Besson, GeoConcept Edilis product manager. "Our relationship with our customers means we are able to keep the solutions we provide closely aligned with user requirements, and this explains the increasing popularity of the product."
"GeoConcept Edilis has been incredibly successful in the Swiss market and we now expect to repeat this success in other countries, especially with the new functionality," said Eric Lanzi, President of GeoConcept SA. "GeoConcept Edilis is the lead product for our Swiss subsidiary and 150 customers already use it in Switzerland."