PCI Geomatics Releases Geomatica 9
New features include:
- Enhanced GIS Functionality – Powerful analytical and modeling tools provide a comprehensive means of integrating GIS data into any workflow.
- Full raster and vector integration
- On-screen digitizing with full topology
- Improved vector editing
- Intuitive and easy-to-use wizards
- Topological and multi-layer analysis
- Advanced querying and modeling
- Suitability mapping
- Facilitate decision making with statistics and reports
- Advanced Hyperspectral Processing – New capabilities provide end-users with the ability to better analyze and view their hyperspectral data and make it easier for them to integrate it with other geospatial data.
- Process and analyze imagery with up to 1024 bands
- New image metadata support
- Geometric correction
- Noise removal
- Simple atmospheric correction
- Endmember selection
- Spectral Angle Mapper image classification
- Spectral unmixing
- Scatter and Spectra plotting
- Spectral mixing
- Visualization operations
- Support for spectra libraries
- Vector Quantization image compression
- New Pan Sharpening – Enhance the visual information found in multispectral imagery by fusing it with the detailed spatial information found in panchromatic imagery.
- Easy-to-use single step process
- Utilize existing QuickBird, IKONOS, SPOT, IRS or Landsat 7 imagery
- Made for the new generation of high-resolution satellites, but supports all sensors
- Algorithm developed by Dr. Yun Zhang, University of New Brunswick
- Improved Atmospheric Correction – Radiometrically correct satellite images utilizing the latest ATCOR technology.
- ATCOR2 – spatially-adaptive fast atmospheric correction for flat terrain
- ATCOR3 – created to work with rugged terrain, utilizing a Digital Elevation Model
- New Generic Database (GDB) Technology – Support for the latest file formats.
- ESRI GeoDatabase
- ESRI Binary Grid
- JPEG 2000
- New OrthoEngine Technology
- Enhanced Viewer – offers enhanced zoom capabilities, panning, brightness, contrast, cursor control, and mapping color channels.
- Enhanced Satellite Model Block Adjustment – work with blocks of satellite data using less GCPs.
- Improved DEM Extraction Tools – generate and merge geocoded DEMs in one-step. New Batch Epipolar
- Generation – create epipolar images for multiple stereopairs in batch mode.
- Automation – utilize Batch Epipolar with Batch DEM Extraction for complete end-to-end processing in a single-step.
- Multiple File Selection – selecting multiple images to orthorectify or geometrically correct streamlines the process.
- Improved Automatic Mosaicking – improved color balancing reduces the need to refine results.
- SPOT 5