- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
Kanotech has just released the newest version of the firm’s popular CivicCenter software, CivicCenter 2003. CivicCenter (comprised of Properties, Water, Sewers, Signs and Emergency Support modules) is a Geographic Information System (GIS) software solution specifically designed for local government. Used stand-alone or as a data distribution application for data captured and maintained in other software like ESRI’s desktop products, CivicCenter provides technical users with the necessary tools to maintain, update, and distribute GIS information, while also providing non-technical users with easy, point-and-click access to all the information housed in your GIS solution.
The newest release provides users with new features and functionality:
- Support for Sewer Valve mapping and data has been added to CivicCenter Sewers
- Support for Water Booster Stations, Water Supply Wells, and Water Storage Tanks mapping and data has been added to CivicCenter Water
- CivicCenter 2003 is fully functional using multiple database formats and has been tested on SQL Server and Oracle 9i platforms in addition to Microsoft Access
- CivicCenter 2003 is completely compatible with Autodesk Map 6
- Software launcher capability, which enables users to launch ANY application from within CivicCenter, can now be configured for any or ALL CivicCenter selectable objects
- The CivicCenter Map Interface now includes a WaterCAD Exporter tool that enables users to create a shape file that includes any or all related data and can be imported into other software programs, such as Haestead's WaterCAD software
A “shrink-wrapped” solution, CivicCenter 2003 can be quickly configured to meet the specific needs of ANY government entity. Thus enabling many small- to medium-sized local governments, without large cash flows or technical resources, to implement the solution in less than 90 days and begin realizing a return on their investment shortly thereafter. Visit http://www.civicsoft.com to learn more about CivicCenter 2003.