Blue Marble Geographics Releases 2002 TIGER/Line
Blue Marble Geographics releases 2002 TIGER/Line Map Kit complete with new versions of TGR2SHP and TGR2MIF translators. TGR2SHP and TGR2MIF are Windows based applications for converting or batch processing TIGER 97, 98, 2000 and 2002 files to ArcView Shapefiles and MapInfo MIF files, respectively. Users don't have to unzip the TIGER archives.
Choose one of these translators with the purchase of the 2002 TIGER/Line Map Kit. Blue Marble produces exact digital copies of the TIGER/Line CDs as provided by the Census Bureau.
2002 TIGER/Line Map data replaces 1990 geography with current information. Some examples include:
- Improved water flag information on hydro polygons
- Ability to merge multiple counties
- Corrected geography from the Count Question Resolution Program
- Realigned street features for counties in Delaware, Florida, Ohio and South Dakota.
Version 6.5 of TGR2SHP and TGR2MIF translation software have many features which make converting TIGER files a simple matter of point-and-click. Some major features include:
- TIGER 97, 98, 99, 2000 and 2002 support.
- Batch processing
- On-the-fly merging
- On-the-fly unzipping of TIGER archives
- Output organization options
- Layer control options
You can order the 2002 TIGER/Line Map Kit directly from the Blue Marble Geographics Website at www.bluemarblegeo.com