Spicer Image a*X 7.0 Released 04.12.2002
Spicer Corporation, a world leader in developing interoperable document viewing software, releases Image a*X 7.0, powerful ActiveX components of Spicer Imagenation that let systems integrators create their own custom viewing solutions for the Web, a network, or as a standalone application.
Image a*X enables users to quickly and accurately display and mark up nearly 200 native file formats including 3D CAD models, 2D CAD, vector, raster, hybrid and office documents such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF.
New features for Image a*X 7.0 include:
- Native file format support for JPEG 2000 and LizardTech's MrSID format
- Save single page raster images to Adobe PDF
- Export or convert 2D drawings and markups to the versatile, XML-based SVG
- Measurement Control. When activated the user sees a floating measurement
window that can be calibrated to return measurements such as length, area,
angle, diameter and more
- Transfer files directly from an Image aoX Web application by using HTTP
or FTP protocols
- Configurable right-mouse click context-sensitive functionality in the Detail Window.
As part of Spicer's suite of Enterprise Visualization Solutions, markups created in Image a*X can be viewed in Spicer Imagenation® or ViewCafÂ¿or a high level of interoperability among Spicer products. Moreover, markups made in any Spicer product can be saved and displayed in any other Spicer visualization product.
For more information about Image a*X controls and Spicer Enterprise Viewing Solutions, or to download an evaluation copy, visit the Spicer Corporation Web site at www.spicer.com.