- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
Blue Marble Geographics has recently released version 6.0 of the TIGER to Shapefiles (TGR2SHP) and TIGER to MIF (TGR2MIF) translators which are part of their TIGER/Line 2000 Map Kit. Their TIGER/Line Map Kit is one of the most recent and thorough collections of U.S. map data in the marketplace.
TGR2SHP and TGR2MIF are Windows95/98/NT applications that allow you to batch process TIGER 97, 98 and 2000 files to ArcView shape files and MapInfo MIF/MID files effortlessly. A choice of either translator is available with the purchase of the TIGER/Line 2000 Map Kit.
Versions 6.0 of the TGR2SHP and TGR2MIF translators have many new features that make converting TIGER files a simple matter of point-and-click. Some major features include:
- TIGER 97, 98, 99, 2000 support.
- Improved polygon topology checking, which checks for non-closing polygons.
- New output options, including merge on-the-fly of all shapes.
- Support of 13 new data fields
- Additional attribute files for Landmark Polygons with multiple names
- Additional attribute files for basic census polygons that are part of
more than one landmark.