IntelliWhere Releases IntelliWhere LocationServer 5.0 01.16.2003
Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions' IntelliWhere division announced availability of IntelliWhere LocationServer 5.0. IntelliWhere LocationServer, a server-side software development platform based on Intergraph's GeoMedia, location-enables and automates data delivery to an organization's mobile workforce. Version 5.0 streamlines enterprise workflows with enhancements that take advantage of advances in the latest version of Intergraph's suite of geospatial solutions. IntelliWhere LocationServer 5.0 allows field crews or dispatch staff to request mapping and asset data and have it delivered to a hand-held device for use with IntelliWhere OnDemand, freeing geographic information system (GIS) staff from manual data preparation for each field user.
IntelliWhere's solutions enable companies to exploit the power of location information for mobile users and enterprise applications by: allocating work, assigning routes, and providing corporate data based on a mobile workforce's location; offering navigation advice to help consumers find their nearest services; and adding location intelligence to mission critical corporate systems.
In addition, the new IntelliWhere LocationServer Professional 5.0 product, which expands the functionality of IntelliWhere LocationServer with advanced spatial routing analysis for road networks, will be available for shipment in early 2003. IntelliWhere LocationServer Professional, based on GeoMedia WebMap Professional 5.0, is an ideal platform for sophisticated location-based services (LBS) and mobile workforce solutions where routing and navigation is required. For example, telecommunications companies and governments can offer location-enabled directory services on the Web or via mobile devices, enabling consumers to receive only detailed information that is relevant to their location, such as the location and directions to the closest service station.
Using IntelliWhere LocationServer or LocationServer Professional, software developers and systems integrators can spatially enable applications and corporate systems to provide maps and spatial analysis tools within their existing interfaces. Key features of version 5.0 include:
- Real-time extraction of IntelliWhere OnDemand data - Automated delivery of data to the mobile workforce frees GIS staff from the task of manual data extraction
- XML-based spatial query engine - Industry-standard integration with any application, based on the query specifications and form requested
- Integration with existing applications - Seamless integration into existing, third-party applications while still allowing the developer full control over the application user interface
- Data independence - The need for costly data transmission is eliminated with IntelliWhere LocationServer's capability to pull together common proprietary GIS databases in real time, from a wide range of sources
- Intuitive and extensible features - Developers can use the product without the need for in-depth spatial knowledge and can reuse the platform for customers from many industries, with little need for customized software
- Query capabilities - Ability to create sophisticated business applications to handle complex queries
Bundled software package available
IntelliWhere LocationServer 5.0, with support of up to 50 mobile clients, is part of the company's recently announced software bundle - the Mobile Workforce Starter Kit. The bundle includes Intergraph and IntelliWhere software for an out-of-the box solution to automate field crews. Available at a discounted price until June 30, 2003, the Mobile Workforce Starter Kit provides software, sample applications, and guides.