- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
MAPublisher 6.1 for Adobe Illustrator is a full product update that is free to all current MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscribers and replaces the current shipping version of MAPublisher 6.03 for all new customers.
New features in MAPublisher 6.0 for Adobe Illustrator
- MAPublisher 6.1 is available as a single plug-in, thus dramatically increasing speed and performance.
- Join Points - New to MAPublisher in version 6.1 is a filter to join points based on attribute values. This tool will generate a line string joining common points, and is ideal for GPS data.
- Edit Column: Graphical Properties - The Edit Column filter has been modified to enable the scaling and rotation of point symbols based on a specified variable or by the contents of an attribute column. This filter will also allow text objects to be rotated.
- Projections: Search Projection - A new "Search Projection' tool has been added to all occurrences of the MAPView Editor and Source Projection, allowing you to perform a keyword search of the 4500 supported coordinate systems to find the projection that you require. For more info on this tool see pages 12 to 13 of this guide.
- Map Location Tool: Projection Info - The MAP Location Tool now also displays the projection and units of the currently selected MAP Layer, saving you time when you need to quickly find this information.
- Map location tool: Copy Coordinates - Also new to the MAP Location Tool in MAPublisher 6.1 is the ability to copy the coordinates of a known point by simply holding down the shift key and clicking on the page. This function is ideal for quickly building point files.
- Map Views Palette: Remove MAPublisher Info - MAPublisher 6.1 contains functionality to quickly remove all MAPublisher information from your file. At the end of the project cycle it may be useful to remove all georeferencing and attribute information in the document to reduce file size, or to protect sensitive data.
- FME Component Update - The MAPublisher 6.1 Update includes the very latest updates to the core FME library from Safe Software.
Source: Avenza, Dec. 14, 2004