MWH Soft Releases InfoSWMM for ArcGIS
Built atop ArcGIS, InfoSWMM seamlessly integrates asset and business planning with highly advanced (fully) dynamic flow analysis and optimization functionality for the effective management of urban stormwater and wastewater collection systems. Using exceptionally fast, robust and efficient hydraulic simulation capabilities, InfoSWMM can be used to model the entire land phase of the hydrologic cycle. It can perform single event or long-term (continuous) rainfall-runoff simulations that account for climate, soil, land use, and topographic conditions of the watershed. In addition to simulating runoff quantity, InfoSWMM can accurately predict runoff quality - including buildup and washoff of pollutants from primarily urban watersheds. The model also offers very sophisticated Real-Time Control (RTC) schemes for the operational management of wastewater systems and hydraulic structures. The unparalleled performance modeling of InfoSWMM sets new benchmarks in scalability, reliability, functionality and flexibility within the powerful ArcGIS environment.
InfoSWMM is ideally suited for many types of dynamic sewer system analysis, including:
- Modeling rainfall-runoff of urban and rural watersheds Designing and sizing drainage system components for flood control
- Sizing detention facilities and their appurtenances for flood control and water quality protection
- Flood plain mapping of natural channel systems Master planning sewer collection systems and urban watersheds
- System evaluations associated with USEPA regulations, including NDPES permits, CMOM, and TMDL
- Designing control strategies to minimize combined sewer overflows
- Assessing the impact of inflow and infiltration on sanitary sewer overflows
- Generating non-point source pollutant loadings for waste load allocation studies
- Evaluating the effectiveness of BMPs for reducing wet weather pollutant loadings
- Analyzing river hydraulics and associated flooding problems
Support of the powerful ArcGIS platform as well as USEPA's industry-standard Stormwater Management Model (SWMM5) makes this a milestone release for effective GIS-centric planning, design, rehabilitation, and expansion of sanitary, storm and combined sewer collection systems. InfoSWMM also offers powerful graphics and reporting tools that make its sophisticated modeling applications fast and easy, regardless of the users' technical expertise - extending its benefits across the entire enterprise.
Source: MWH Soft, Dec. 15, 2004