MWH Soft Releases H2OMAP SWMM
In its ongoing effort to equip the global wastewater industry with the world's most comprehensive and innovative geospatial modeling and design solutions, MWH Soft, Broomfield, Colorado, a leading global provider of environmental and water resources applications software, announced the worldwide availability of H2OMAP SWMM, a groundbreaking GIS-based application for analyzing, modeling, designing, operating, securing, and managing sanitary, storm and combined sewer systems.
Supporting native GIS data as well as the USEPA's industry-standard (and FEMA-approved) Stormwater Management Model (SWMM 5), this milestone release integrates the needs of both GIS and wastewater engineering professionals in one complete, affordable package. Distinguished by a compelling combination of cutting-edge GIS functionality and hallmark hydraulic, hydrologic and water quality simulation capabilities, H2OMAP SWMM delivers a comprehensive and cost-effective solution for managing urban runoff and wet weather water quality problems in complex sewer systems. It also offers users unprecedented power in optimizing BMP and LID designs and meeting SSO and CSO regulations.
Unlike many competing solutions that alter GIS data and transfer only selected modeling-related information, H2OMAP SWMM operates within a common, high-performance geospatial framework to access GIS data directly and accurately, within their unaltered native format, in a highly secure environment. This multifaceted product vastly enhances the capacity of wastewater utilities to streamline and automate their sewer collection management activities; make informed decisions; collaborate more effectively; and capitalize on their talent, data and resources to create better work processes and closer customer ties.
Offering direct support to geodatabases, H2OMAP SWMM seamlessly integrates asset and business planning with highly advanced (fully) dynamic flow analysis and optimization functionality to optimize management of urban stormwater and wastewater collection systems. Its exceptionally fast, robust and efficient hydraulic simulation capabilities can be used to model the entire land phase of the hydrologic cycle. Users can perform single event or long-term (continuous) rainfall-runoff simulations that account for climate, soil, land use, and topographic conditions of the watershed. H2OMAP SWMM can not only simulate, but accurately predict runoff quality - including buildup and washoff of pollutants from primarily urban watersheds. The model also offers very sophisticated Real-Time Control (RTC) schemes for the operational management of wastewater systems and hydraulic structures. This unparalleled performance modeling sets new benchmarks in scalability, reliability, functionality and flexibility for power GIS users.
H2OMAP SWMM is ideally suited for many types of dynamic sewer system analysis, including:
- Modeling rainfall-runoff of urban and rural watersheds
- Designing and sizing drainage system components for flood control
- Sizing detention facilities and their appurtenances for flood control and water quality protection
- Flood plain mapping of natural channel systems Master planning sewer collection systems and urban watersheds
- Conducting system evaluations associated with USEPA regulations, including NDPES permits, CMOM, and TMDL
- Designing control strategies to minimize combined sewer overflows
- Assessing the impact of inflow and infiltration on sanitary sewer overflows
- Generating non-point source pollutant loadings for waste load allocation studies
- Evaluating the effectiveness of BMPs for reducing wet weather pollutant loadings
- Analyzing river hydraulics and associated flooding problems
Source MWH Soft, June 3, 2005