- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
GiveMePower Corporation announced immediate availability of its new PowerCAD CE 5.5 line of mobile/wireless CAD and digital blueprint management software. Optimized for "anytime and anywhere" use on the latest Windows Mobile handheld PCs, Pocket PC cell phones and tablets from leading vendors such as Dell and HP, three new PowerCAD CE 5.5 solutions provide major gains in productivity for design, construction, engineering, facilities management, GIS, manufacturing and related industries.
Showcased alongside Intel in 2004 at two trade conferences, and profiled by Microsoft in a recent enterprise mobility white paper, PowerCAD mobile and wireless CAD solutions are gaining popularity as the system of choice for companies looking to increase productivity, improve communications and reduce costs on their projects. Customers range from small and medium size businesses, to major corporate and government enterprises such as AT&T, General Dynamics, Maytag, Penn State University, the United States Postal Service and multiple branches of the U.S. Military.
Highlights of the company's new PowerCAD CE 5.5 Viewer ($99), PowerCAD CE Classic ($249) and PowerCAD CE Pro ($495) mobile software systems include:
- Support for Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition devices, including Dell's new Axim X30/X50 series handheld PCs, and HP's new iPAQ hx2000, hx4700 and h6300 series Pocket PCs and Pocket PC cell phones (h6300 service from T-Mobile)
- New 1-button emailing from any location for fast and easy communications between the field and office
- Unique XpressUpdate system ensures instant access to the latest program enhancements over the Internet
- Enhanced reading and writing of AutoCAD-compatible DWG and DXF files from R12 to R2002 formats
- New DWF web-ready file exporting, with free DWF viewer available with Pro version
- Enhanced Bluetooth wireless support in Pro version for improved in-field productivity using optional wireless hardware such as Leica's DISTO Plus portable lasers, hands-free wireless headsets, etc.
PowerCAD CE 5.5 products are part of GiveMePower's complete family of CAD Anywhere 2D and 3D design, viewing and mobile/wireless collaboration solutions - each designed to save time and money in the office, in the field, or on the shop floor on any Windows computing platform.
Source: GiveMePower, Feb. 16, 2005