MAPPS Announces 2016 Presidential Award Recipients
Presidents Appreciation and Bukovsky Award recipients also named
MAPPS has recognized 12 individuals for their significant contributions to the association and the geospatial profession in 2016.
"MAPPS members do big things in the profession and for the profession," says Susan Marlow of MAPPS. "These individuals stand out for their exemplary service to our association and profession. I know all our members are grateful these professionals contributed so much of their time and talent."
MAPPS President Susan Marlow, of Stantec, recognized the following Presidential Award recipients:
- Bob Hanson, Michael Baker International, for his service as MAPPS treasurer, A/E forum chair, board liaison to MAPPS Forums and COFPAES delegate.
- John Perry, Altavian, for work on the UAS Registration Task Force at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Brian Raber, Merrick & Company, for his efforts as MAPPS membership committee chair and the association's triennial salary survey.
- Mike Tully, Aerial Services Inc., for work as MAPPS program committee chair, including the development of the new MAPPS Emerging Leaders program.
- Marvin Miller, MRG GEO, for his assistance with the Emerging Leaders program.
- Rich Serby, GeoSearch Inc., for his work with the Emerging Leaders program.
- Jeff Lovin, Woolpert Inc., for his role as a member of the National Geospatial Advisory Committee, (NGAC), MAPPS PAC chair, and USGS liaison.
- Vince DiCamillo, Stantec, for his work as chair of the MAPPS Task Force on FEMA flood mapping reform.
- Pam Nobles, 3DS, for her efforts as a MAPPS representative to the NCEES Future of Surveying Task Force.
- Chris Ogier, for work as the chair of the MAPPS Legislative Affairs Committee.
In addition, a President's Appreciation Award was presented to Robert Burtch, professor emeritus at Ferris State University, for outstanding service as chairman and a member of the panel of judges for the MAPPS Geospatial Products and Services Excellence Awards.
A special lifetime service award, known as the Bukovsky Award, was presented to Bobby Tuck, of Tuck Mapping Solutions Inc. Tuck is a past director of MAPPS, a chair and member of numerous nominations committees, and has been an informal advisor to MAPPS presidents for more than 20 years.
Formed in 1982, MAPPS is a national association exclusively comprised of private firms in the remote sensing, spatial data and geographic information systems field in the U.S. The MAPPS membership spans the entire spectrum of the geospatial community, including member firms engaged in satellite and airborne remote sensing, surveying, photogrammetry, aerial photography, LiDAR, hydrography, bathymetry, charting, aerial and satellite image processing, GPS, and GIS data collection and conversion services. MAPPS also includes associate member firms, which are companies that provide hardware, software, products and services to the geospatial profession in the U.S. and other firms from around the world.