Company Spotlight: NCEES
The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing professional licensure for engineers and surveyors.
NCEES develops, administers, and scores the examinations used for engineering and surveying licensure in the United States. It also facilitates professional mobility and promotes uniformity of the U.S. licensure processes through services for its member licensing boards and licensees. These services include the following:
- Surveying exams – NCEES develops and scores the FS and PS exams for surveying licensure. The FS exam is generally your first step in the process to becoming a professional licensed surveyor (P.S.). It is designed for recent graduates and students who are close to finishing an undergraduate surveying degree from an EAC/ABET accredited program. The PS exam is designed for surveyors who have gained at least four years of professional experience.
- Engineering exams – NCEES develops and scores the FE, PE, and SE exams for engineering licensure.
- Exam prep materials – NCEES practice exams help you determine what you know—and what you don’t know—before taking FS and PS exams. NCEES practice exams contain questions from past exams.
- Records program – The NCEES Records program is for surveyors who are looking for an easier way to complete the licensure process in multiple states. An established NCEES Record will include most—if not all—of the materials you need to apply for comity licensure in additional states.
- Credentials evaluations – NCEES Credentials Evaluations is a service designed primarily for candidates who have earned their degrees outside the United States and are pursuing licensure.
- CPC tracking – Most state licensing boards require licensed engineers and surveyors to meet a continuing professional competency (CPC) requirement. You can track and report your CPC requirements for free through your MyNCEES account.