ILMF 2017 Accepting Abstracts
The 17th annual event returns to Denver in February
The 17th annual International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF), taking place in Denver, Feb. 13-15, 2017, has announced a call for papers and invites interested parties to submit their abstracts by Sept. 1 here.
ILMF is a technical conference and exhibition focused on surveying and mapping technologies including aerial, mobile and bathymetric LiDAR, as well as other emerging remote sensing technologies including UAV/UAS. Other technologies include topo/bathymetric solutions, Geiger-mode and single photon LiDAR, multi and hyperspectral imaging. Data processing content addresses latest innovations to solve for big data, data fusion, data integrity and data interoperability.
Topics include asset management, infrastructure inspection and maintenance for utilities, process and power, coastal zone mapping and surveying, emergency and disaster response, land and natural resource management, urban modeling and construction.
- Abstracts addressing the following topics are welcome. Case studies and recent project examples presented by owner/operators are encouraged.
- Data acquisition — airborne, mobile and bathymetric LiDAR.
- Developments in LiDAR, including single photon, flash and Geiger-mode. Comparisons of LiDAR technologies.
- Applications/integration of LiDAR, photogrammetry, survey data and dense image matching.
- LiDAR point clouds and large data sets including automated feature extraction.
- UAV/UAS developments and applications. Comparisons of manned versus sUAS.
- Emerging technologies in remote sensing and mapping.
- Data fusion and processing technologies.
- Engineering collaboration systems and cloud-hosted data management.
- Developments in point data classification and GIS modeling.
- Mobile mapping and survey.
- Systems integration.
- Industry issues.
The ILMF Advisory Board will review each abstract and the final program will be announced in November. Vendor product presentations are welcome in the product preview section of the program and will not be accepted for the main program.
About International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF)
International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF) is a technical conference and exhibition focused on airborne, terrestrial and underwater LiDAR, as well as emerging remote-sensing and data collection tools and technology used for applications including asset management; civil infrastructure; coastal zone mapping; emergency services and disaster response; land and natural resource management; and urban modeling. ILMF is part of a network of events and media for the global geospatial market organized by Diversified Communications.